Five Things to Know About the COVID-19 Vaccine
- The vaccine will help protect you without you having to get sick. Getting COVID-19 may offer natural immunity, but the risk of severe illness and death far outweighs any benefit.
- The vaccines do not use the live virus that causes COVID-19. Having symptoms like fever after you get a vaccine is normal and a sign your immune system is learning to fight the virus.
- The vaccine doesn’t change your DNA. The RNA vaccines teach cells to make a piece of a protein to trigger an immune response and build immunity.
- The goal is for everyone to get vaccinated. When itis widely available, the vaccine can be administered in doctors’ offices, retail pharmacies, hospitals, and federally qualified health centers.
- COVID-19 vaccines are one tool to help stop the pandemic. Please continue to wear a mask and stay six feet away from others, avoid crowds, and wash your hands often.
Your Health Plan covers the COVID-19 vaccine at 100%, no deductible required. Stay informed with current, accurate information at cdc.gov/coronavirus.