Don’t wait to call a doctor.
The flu starts suddenly, usually with fever, body aches, headaches and cold symptoms. You can take an antiviral medication to reduce the severity and length of illness…but you must start within 48 hours of getting sick. To get an antiviral prescription:
- Request an MDLIVE virtual doctor visit: 888.725.3097 or mdlive.com/regence
- Go to an in-network urgent care clinic (search for one on regence.com)
- Call your doctor for an appointment
31.4 million people see a doctor because of the flu each year [Source: healthline.com]
PS: Flu season continues through May, so consider getting a flu shot now, if you haven’t had one yet this season.
MDLIVE: Ready whenever you are.
Crying baby at midnight? Upset stomach at 2 am? Flu when it’s time for work?
There’s never a good time to get sick. But MDLIVE makes anytime a good time to talk to a doctor. You have 24/7 access to board-certified doctors by phone or video—all at no cost to you—from wherever you are.
Now’s a good time to set up your account (use the phone app or website), so you’re ready when the time comes.
- Call MDLIVE at 888.725.3097
- Go online to mdlive.com/regence
- Text OREGON to MDLIVE (635483)
Stress? Depression? Anxiety? Now you can talk with a therapist from the privacy of your own home through MDLIVE. Sometimes a few sessions are all it takes to get you back to feeling better.