Just Make Smart Food Swaps
Would you like to shed some pounds in 2023—but don’t want to give up the foods you love? You CAN lose weight and still eat your favorites…just eat them less often, take smaller portions, and select lower calorie alternatives.
Choosing lighter options is a great way to reach your weight loss goals without feeling deprived. Eating just 50 calories less than you normally do every day can add up to 5 pounds lost in a year. Or cut 200 calories a day to lose 20 pounds! Small swaps like these can add up to big results:
• Choose crunchy carrots instead of chips— SAVE 105 CALORIES
• Instead of soda, have a sugar free seltzer—SAVE 140 CALORIES
• Use mustard instead of mayo on your sandwich—SAVE 90 CALORIES
• Make it open faced instead of using two slices of bread— SAVE 120 CALORIES
• Get coffee with milk instead of a vanilla latte—SAVE 160 CALORIES
• Switch to balsamic vinaigrette dressing instead of ranch— SAVE 105 CALORIES
• Get a thin crust pizza instead of deep dish—SAVE 330 CALORIES
• Ask for a skinless chicken breast instead of the thigh or wing— SAVE 50 CALORIES
• Get it grilled or broiled, instead of fried, crispy, or breaded— SAVE 150 CALORIES
• Try turkey sausage or meatballs, instead of pork or beef— SAVE 100+ CALORIES
• Use egg whites instead of the whole egg—SAVE 50 CALORIES PER EGG
• Choose low calorie ice cream instead of regular—SAVE 100+ CALORIES
If you are overweight and have prediabetes, losing just 5–7% of your body weight will reduce your risk for developing type 2 diabetes. That’s just 10 to 14 pounds for a 200-pound person.
More than 1 in 3 U.S. adults have prediabetes—and 80% of them don’t know it. This is a serious health condition that may lead to type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. Find out your risk at doihaveprediabetes.org.
Tip: If you already have type 2 diabetes, Livongo’s expert coaches can help you manage your weight to better control your condition. Learn more at join. Livongo.com/bledsoe (registration code: BLEDSOE) or call (800) 945-4355.